Blueberry Pancakes with Olive Oil


Ok, folks I have a confession to make. I love to use Aunt Jemima's self rising flour in pancakes. My mother would not be impressed but pancakes made with self rising flour do taste really good. I recently was drooling over waffles over at Saveur.com and they recommend Aunt Jemima's flour so it can not be THAT bad. I like to use olive oil not canola in this recipe but I use my non-fancy olive oil. Do you have a fancy bottle and then a big tin? I find having two grades of olive oil in my house really saves me a lot of money!
Blueberry Pancakes with Olive Oil

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups Aunt Jemima's Self-Rising Flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup fresh blueberry's
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup regular olive oil(do not use extra virgin)
  • 2-3 tablespoons of butter to fry pancakes
Preparation: Mix flour, sugar, milk, beaten eggs, sugar and olive oil, mix but not too much add blueberry's. melt some of the butter on a heavy skillet at a low medium heat. Cook three at a time, enjoy! Serves four people!

Comments

Popular Posts