Chili Con Carne For Tacos


When I was a kid, my parents were extremely strict about prepared food in the house. One prepared food that made it through the gate however, were those taco dinner packets which I always adored. It was not until I graduated from college that I felt the need to recreate beef tacos but when I did it became clear that certain things do taste better when you make them yourself. This does not mean I do not hold nostalgic memories of taco night, where we cut up lettuce, tomatoes, olives and onions, it is just now I can make them without the help of a packet.

This recipe is perfect for tacos, nachos and tostada salads. To make tacos: you can grill corn tortillas, fry them in olive oil or you can warm flour tortillas. I love to fry flour tortillas in a cast iron skillet for a tostada salad and top it with salad and fixings with this chili. The options are endless!
Chili Con Carne

Ingredients:


  • 1 pound ground grass-fed beef
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup beef broth (optional)
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder or chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried Mexican Oregano
  • 1-14 oz can diced or pureed tomatoes or 3 fresh tomatoes diced
  • Salt, cayenne and pepper to taste
Preparation : Brown meat in large heavy pot at a medium high heat, drain excess fat if desired. Add onions and garlic sauté until soft about ten minutes, reduce heat add tomatoes and spices. Salt and pepper to taste, if you like your chili hot add cayenne pepper but be careful!

Comments

Popular Posts