Rice Noodles with Grass-fed Ground Beef, Onions, Green Peppers and Sichuan Peppercorns


Sometimes the best defense against the urge to eat out is having a stocked pantry. Having frozen beef in the freezer is another bonus and with a bit of skill and inspiration you can have dinner on the table in a few minutes. This dish was one of those eureka moments, where I created a quick but fantastic meal with the ingredients I had on had. One of my favorite meals are Japanese -style ground chicken over rice. They marinate the chicken in rice wine and soy sauce and I was thinking beef would be fantastic this way too, and instead of rice I used noodles. I had picked up fresh green peppers and onion at my neighbor's vegetable stand and they were a fantastic compliment. The sichuan peppercorns takes this dish to a another level with their spicy perfume flavor. So good. And easy.

Rice Noodles with Grass-fed Ground Beef, Onions, Green Peppers and Sichuan Peppercorns


Ingredients:

  • 1- package rice noodles cooked as instructed
  • 1 pound of ground beef, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons sherry or rice wine
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • olive oil to cover pan
  • 1 small onion sliced
  • 3- fresh green peppers, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon of crushed sichuan peppercorns
Preparation:
  1. This picture is a bit messy looking. I was making a dinner for my parents, and because of the late nights my father is pulling.
  2. Marinate the beef with sherry, soy sauce and salt.
  3. In a large skillet or wok heat oil and add onion. Then beef brown. Add green peppers, saute.
  4. Add cooked rice noodles, then crushed sichuan peppercorns. Toss and heat through.Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts