Grilled Jalapeno Honey Lime Shrimp


Shrimp!! I seriously think shrimp may be my favorite food! Bubba from Forrest Gump would have so loooved me!! I find that shrimp is so versatile and that depending on the time of year...I am inspired to use it in different ways..

As I visited the seafood department of my local Whole Foods Market during my last trip there, what popped out to me were their extra large shrimp.  They were stunning!  Actually in my opinion the selection and freshness of the fresh seafood at Whole Foods is amazing and it gives me so many ideas for summer grilling however that day I knew I had to grab some of those gorgeous shrimp and throw them on the grill...so that's just what I did!

Often I let my kids help plan meals when we shop.  I love to see what ideas they come up with, then have them go search for the components.  However the shrimp...this one was all me.  I love shrimp any time of year but during the grilling season, I feel I can really make it shine!  So "I" shared what it was I wanted to do with those babies with them and then had my minions shopping assistants kids, go and grab what I needed, which they always seem to enjoy doing.

I kept it simple.  We had a salad, shrimp, crusty bread (at my son's insistence...he loves nothing better than a gorgeous hunk of warm crusty bread) and some asparagus.  Since my kids are allergic to shellfish, they had a simple pasta that night.


Both my husband and I loved the shrimp (I may or may not have snatched a few more than he did)! I kept the grill heat low...often I like to char shrimp a bit but this time, I wanted the flavors of the sauce to shine.  Those babies were perfect, with just the right amount of heat (for us...we like it spicy) and sweetness!

What is your favorite way to enjoy shrimp?  I would LOVE to know...I am always looking for a new way to enjoy them! 

If you love shrimp as much as I do...here are 6 of my favorite ways to enjoy it:



This incredible 10 Minute Garlic Shrimp has more flavor than you would expect from such a simple dish - its a friend and family favorite!

This is the first shrimp dish I ever made back when I was about 19 or so and to this day its wildly popular with everyone in my life, I never have a summer gathering without it - Spicy Grilled Shrimp

If my favorite food is shrimp...then my second favorite is bacon!  I can never get enough of Bacon Wrapped Shrimp (or chicken for that matter) - Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp with Chipotle Mustard Glaze

This is such a fun appetizer and was a big hit both times I served it - Bloody Mary Shrimp & Avocado Dip

These are great for a fun nibble with a cocktails under the starts...a great date night dish!  Guacamole & Spicy Shrimp Tostadas

And if you want to drink your shrimp...well drink and dip your shrimp...My Ultimate Bloody Mary is for you!

This is the fourth in a six part series with Whole Foods Market, I was compensated to do this post however as always all opinions are my own.

Grilled Jalapeno Honey Lime Shrimp
1 pound of peeled shrimp (21/25 or larger), 
4 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
4 TBS honey
2 TBS lime juice
1 large jalapeno or 2 smaller ones
1 TBS minced garlic
1 TBS chopped cilantro 
Pinch of Kosher salt
A couple shakes of red pepper (Cayenne)

In a small bowl, combine olive oil, honey and lime juice and mix vigorously until combined.  Mince your jalapeno (decide if you want to add some of the stem and seeds for extra heat) and add it the mixture.  add in your garlic, cilantro, salt and red pepper as well, mix until combined.

Take 3 TBS of the mixture out of the bowl, cover and set aside.  Add your shrimp to the main bowl of the mixture and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes.  Tossing it occasionally.  Skewer your shrimp on oiled skewers, the cook a preheated grill over med-high heat 3-4 minutes per side or until done to your liking.  Remove from grill, brush with reserve marinade (whisk it just pioor to brushing) and serve.

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts