Mini Jam Filled Muffins

Muffin Recipe for Mothers Day


Jams and jellies have long been a part of my life and when the kids came on to the scene, even more so!  In my house we are seperated into two camps...the strawberry camp and the grape camp.  My husband is a 100% I-am-a-grape-jelly-only-man! He's not messing around either, nothing but grape jelly passes that man's lips.  Me..well "I" want it all...except grape jelly.

As my youngest would say, we "war" about this.

My kids always enjoyed berry jams and jellies...but not grape, so it was 3 to 1 in the Kennedy house which translates into "I win"! Until my 13 year old son just recently switched and joined forces with my husband that is.  I swear there must have been a monetary exchange! Something fishy is going on around here.  You don't even want to know about our difference when it comes to ketchup and mustard, lol (so far I am winning)!

When it comes to jellies and jams our go-to brand is Bonne Maman. Why? I used to grab the I grew up with, however once I had kids , I wanted to try my best to avoid high-fructose corn syrups and that's how I came across Bonne Maman. And lucky for me (and you) they make some delicious flavors!

All of their preserves are made with 100% natural ingredients like fruit, sugar, cane sugar, concentrated lemon juice and fruit pectin. Bonne Maman has no preservatives, no additives, no corn syrup, is sulfite-free and non-GMO, which is important to me.

Bonne Maman translates to mean “Grandmother” or “Granny”. The brand is aptly named as the preserves and jellies are made from the best natural ingredients found in your (or your Grandmother’s) kitchen, using the same traditional recipe since the brand began. Love that!

Instead of copping out to the whole high- fructose thing...Bonne Maman combines brown cane sugar (derived from the cane plant) and sugar derived from beets. This combination of sugars is part of our time-honored all-natural recipe that helps to create the special Bonne Maman flavor and taste. The have SO many delicious flavors! 
So I guess you figured out the secret of these muffins??
Mini Jelly Filled Muffins Recipe

Mini Jam Filled Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your mini muffin pan.


Combine flour, baking powder and salt,  in a medium bowl.  Add in the vanilla, oil, sugar, egg and milk and mix until combined.  Scoop a small amount of batter (half the size of your muffin opening) into your well-greased pan. Scoop a small amount (1/2 tsp or so) into the center of each of the batter dollops, press down just a bit, cover fully with batter.  Fill to just shy of the top of each opening. Do not use liners for this, the muffins will not rise correctly if you do.  Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes.
Place your donuts on a cooling rack and allow them to cool a bit.
Gently remove from pan one at a time, allow to cool on a  cooling rack. Melt butter, dip tops into butter the into sugar.  Set aside until enjoying.
Colleen's Notes: These really do not need the additional sugar on top, honestly they are sweet enough with the jam.  I just thought it looked pretty, if you want to top with the sugar, I suggest cutting down the sugar in the batter to 1/2 cup. Unless you like things sweet! 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts