Grilled Flat Iron Steak



Grilled Flat Iron Steak Made with a simple versatile grilling marinade.


During my last stop at Whole Foods Market, I spied this beauty! One of my husbands favorite cuts of beef - Flat Iron Steak. I instantly knew it was coming home with me and that it was destined for the grill! 


My favorite thing about my local Whole Foods Market is the robust selection of meats, seafood and produce.  I plan once or twice a month to drive past about a dozen markets to get to their Jenkintown location 30 minutes away from me.  Once there, I stroll around, see what's new, what calls out to me and go home with bags and bags of food I feel good about.

On my last trip, I snapped a phone pic of some of their prepared seafood offering that day...gorgeous! 



I not only enjoy the spoils of my trip, I also enjoy knowing that I support a store that supports so many things important to me like the fact they donate food to their local food pantries and shelters...they say "it's a given". We have food...they need it...we help"! Love that! 

Another area Whole Foods shines in, is in the education & support of the bee and pollinator community.  Without bees and other pollinators our way of eating would not exist.  It's actually mind-blowing how much would change.  Whole Foods donates money for research and help, they support the pollinator community, have products highlighting "pollinator" friendly and, so much more.  Check out the this section of Whole Foods website where you will easily learn a lot...the kids too, after all they will inherit our planet!  

This 30 second video says it all! And now...I want guacamole! 

Pop in to your local Whole Foods and check out all the fabulous fresh meats, seafood, fruits & veggies perfect for this grilling season! You will not be disappointed! 

This post was written as part of a standing partnership with Whole Foods Market Jenkintown, as usual what I write and how I feel are all me! 

This simple marinade is so easy to prepare and is easily customizable as well.  Add honey if you want a little sweet and a little extra char and some fresh minced ginger if you want a little kick or leave it as it is.  Either way...enjoy! 



Grilled Flat Iron Steak
1 flat iron steak
1 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS sherry
4-6 cloves of garlic smashed or 2 TBS (or more) of minced garlic from a jar.

Combine all ingredients and let meat marinate for 2 hours in the fridge. Remove steak from marinade, bot it dry.  Oil your grill, preheat it then cook your steak 4-5 minutes a side or until done to your liking.  


Heat the leftover marinade in a small pot until it comes to a boil and serve alongside the steak.



Comments

Popular Posts